This account shows the power/authority of Jesus Christ over NATURE / disaster. Christ calms the storm while he and the disciples are in the boat.
His power is seen...
1. as a result of their obedience.
2. in a situation of terror
3. as he's the Savior of power
4. with the sure-cure of fear
*Jesus took the wrath of God for you (propitiation):
1. It was a soul-agonizing wrath (32-34)
2. It was necessary to prepare in prayer (35)
3. It was a wrath that Jesus willingly took for you (36)
4. It was a lesson for you to watch and pray (37-42)
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff continues the exposition through Ephesians.
In Ephesians 2:1-10 -- Paul showed the work of the gospel in our relationship with God.
Now, in Ephesians 2:11-22 -- Paul shows that in LIGHT of that work of Christ in bringing us to God, we have PEACE with one another (=Jew and Gentile).
In Ephesians 2:11-13 we looked at who we were (alienation from God). Now in Ephesians 2:14-18 we see our reconciliation with God and with each other. This is a glorious text that gives 3 marvelous pronouncements for the child of God.
1. Jesus is our PEACE WITH EACH OTHER.
2. Jesus is our RECONCILIATION WITH GOD.
3. Jesus is our ACCESS TO THE FATHER.
Pastor Geoff preaches at "Promise Academy" -- a Christian school for special-needs children. What a wonderful opportunity to speak gospel truth to these young boys and girls in a simple way and call them to worship the one, true and living God.