Geoff proclaims Deuteronomy 8 and exhorts us with the words that Moses exhorted to the people of Israel: Don't forget the LORD your God. Geoff gives four helpful ways you can ensure you don't forget God in your life. Listen & apply.
Pastor Geoff pleads with the hearers to NOT be a false disciples -- to not be a 'Judas'.
*what marked Judas?
1. Judas was WITH JESUS --- but he's now in hell
2. Judas hung with the RIGHT CROWD --- but he's now in hell
3. Judas was CALLED INTO MINISTRY --- but he's now in hell
4. Judas was A PREACHER OF THE GOSPEL -- but he's now in hell
5. Judas saw FRUIT FROM HIS GOSPEL LABORS --- but he's now in hell
6. Judas was an WITNESS OF CHRIST'S WORKS --- but he's now in hell
7. Judas was outwardly a CHRIST-FOLLOWER --- but he's now in hell
In this psalm, Pastor Geoff Kirkland preaches on the most important means of grace that the Christian has — prayer. The question is not: 'do we say our prayers' but rather do we 'take hold of the Living God' in fervent, heartfelt, believing prayer?
Geoff exhorts us to pray passionately, pray believingly, and to respond worshipfully when God answers.
Listen to this message & be a doer of the Word!
"Do You Pray? A Study on the Christian Discipline of Prayer"
Geoff preaches Psalm 108 which is a psalm that teaches on worship. Worship is responding properly to who God is and how He has revealed Himself. This psalm calls us to worship God, see his sovereignty, and find salvation in Him and not in man.
Pastor Geoff preaches on the important topic of integrity from Psalm 101. He gives nine characteristics of a man of integrity and applies it to our lives. Listen to this exposition of Psalm 101.
"Do You Live a Life of Integrity before God and Others?"
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff exhorts us to live a life of utmost integrity. What is there in our lives that we would be ashamed of if it were broadcasted in public for all to see? What thoughts, words, motives, intentions, actions would we be ashamed of if God brought it to public light?
Let us strive to life a life of integrity — wholeness, blamelessness — like David did in Psalm 26.
There are 5 ingredients to a life of integrity that this psalm contains. Listen to & apply this psalm!
"Do You Know the Profile of a Godly Leader?" Part 6
In this text, Paul describes negatively what his ministry was NOT characterized by. He said that his ministry:
1. Was not with manipulative methods (words of flattery)
2. Was not with greediness
3. Was not marked by authoritative dictatorship but humble service.
Next week we'll examine the positive counterpart to this as we'll look at Paul's humble, gentle, life-giving attitude of serving the people of God.