In this sermon, Pastor Geoff preaches a gospel message to prepare the flock for communing with Christ in the Lord's Supper.
2 TIm 1.9 teaches that GOD SAVES SINNERS. Here are 6 descriptive clauses:
1. By a sovereign, effectual call.
2. Not according to your works
3. According to His sovereign purpose.
4. According to His sovereign grace
5. By uniting you to Jesus Christ
6. From all eternity, God decreed it.
Pastor Geoff continues preaching through the central, discourse peak in the entire letter of Philippians -- 2:1-4. And here, this sermon focuses on verse 3 which presents us with 2 specific lessons for us as God's people:
1. Let us diligently PUT OFF SELFISHNESS.
2. Let us diligently PUT ON SELFLESSNESS.
Listen to the exposition through Philippians 2:3 so that we would honor Christ, empowered by His Spirit, and live with "humility of mind."
In this study, Pastor Geoff explains the vision of CFBC — to be a "disciple-making church." He examines the power of the Word of God and the need that we have to read the Scriptures one to another. He gives some practical ways we can do this & encourage each other day by day.