Why is the incarnation of Jesus absolutely essential? Why the incarnation? 5 reasons...
1. to bring you to glory
2. to relate to you in suffering
3. to call you brothers
4. to worship and trust God together with you
5. to receive you as a gift from the Father forever
Pastor Geoff preaches on the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the streets of St Louis, MO during a busy afternoon rush. He shows from Scripture the absolute necessity of the bodily, physical, literal resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead. Repent and believe in Him!
Pastor Geoff now discusses with the CFBC family Jesus' view of homosexuality. Many may (wrongly) claim that since Jesus never directly addressed homosexuality, then he didn't really care about it. He didn't probit it.
But what do the gospels teach? Is there clarity here?
Yes! Pastor Geoff provides a handful of headings to equip us about the clear and unambiguous teaching of Jesus in upholding and affirming marriage a covenant between one man and one woman (Matt 19).
Pastor Geoff open air preaches at the Central West End Metrolink station at Barnes Hospital. This is a gospel presentation about new life and the new birth and God's sovereignty from John 11.
"Jesus' Temptation: Wielding the Sword of the Word!"
This sermon surveys the Temptation narrative in Mark 1. Matthew 4 and Luke 4 provide more details regarding the account.
This sermon focuses on Christ our CHAMPION by looking at the Temptation in 3 ways:
1. consider the LEADING OF THE SPIRIT (preparation in the desert)
2. consider the TEMPTATION OF SATAN (hostility from the Devil)
3. consider the MINISTRY OF ANGELS (worship from the angels)
Pastor Geoff preaches at the homeless shelter in downtown St Louis, MO and calls the men to behold the beauty & power of Jesus Christ and to hear His call to His Church -- to repent of sin!
Rich rewards await all those who are "overcomers." Trust in Christ and follow Him and repent of all known sin!
"Jesus' Identity & Mission & His Call for You to Come & Die!"
Pastor Geoff continues the exposition through the Book of Luke and preaches on the text where Christ asks the 12 disciples: "who do people say that I am?"
Peter responds with an amazing affirmation of Christ's identity (the Christ, the Son of the Living God, Matt 16.16) and then the Lord Jesus assures His followers that He would suffer, be rejected, be killed, and then rise again on the 3rd day.
After this, Christ sets the terms for discipleship. All of His followers must surrender entirely to the Lordship of Jesus Christ -- without exception. All who are truly saved have died to themselves, taken up their cross, and have wholeheartedly committed to following Christ with absolute allegiance to Him!
"Jesus' Humanity: To Identify, to Save, to Help You"
In this message, Pastor Geoff preaches the text where Christ demonstrates courage & compassion.
God's sovereign plans cannot be thwarted or overcome by any opposition. And Christ Himself has such overwhelming compassion for the lost & laments the unwillingness of the people to come to Him -- who is so willing to receive sinners!
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff preaches/expounds Mark 3.13-19 -- the choosing of the 12 Apostles.
We need men -- ministers! -- who pursue great likeness to Jesus Christ, who are conformed to Christ, who are zealously ardent in their affection & love for the Savior.
3 applicational statements from this paragraph:
1) VIGILANTLY PRAY! The intercession for the 12 (v.13; **Luke 6:12 - Jesus spent all night in prayer)
2) EMBRACE WEAKNESS! The identification of the 12 (v.16-19)
3) PROCLAIM CHRIST! The mission of the 12 (v.14-15)
This sermon covers Mark 1:9-11. We observe the Baptism of Jesus around 3 key words:
1. Identification -- Jesus identifies with John and his message (9)
2. Preparation -- this baptism is the last event in the private preparation for Jesus' ministry that He will inaugurate. Also, the Spirit of God comes upon Him (v.10)
3. Affirmation / Authentication -- this is the Father's vocal affirmation from the heavens that Jesus is the Beloved Son and in this Son, the Father is well-pleased (v.11)
"Jesus' Authority to Heal! His Priority to Pray! His Mission to Preach!"
This message continues the "Busy Day" of Jesus' Great Galilean (18-month) ministry. In this text, we see the great power, the glorious authority of Jesus Christ:
1. Jesus' authority over all disease
2. Jesus' authority over all demons
3. Jesus' priority in his praying
4. Jesus' primacy in his preaching
"Jesus' Authority Over the Demonic Realm! Learn of the Maniac Who Became a Missionary!"
Pastor Geoff preaches on the text where the demonized man approaches Jesus and Jesus heals him wholly.
This message covers what demon possession is, what the demonic realm is like, the power and authority of Jesus Christ, and how the work of Christ in the soul of a man truly changes him so that he is called to go and declare all that God has done for him.
This story of the healing of the demonized man is a sort of picture of conversion for every person.
Listen to this sermon & speak of all the great things that Christ has done for your soul!
Pastor Geoff preaches Mark 1.21-28 in the Wednesday night prayer meeting & Bible study. We see the *unrivaled authority* of Jesus Christ -- in 2 ways:
1. Christ's authority WHEN HE TAUGHT THE TRUTH (21-22)
2. Christ's authority WHEN HE EXPELLED THE DEMON (23-28)
What power our Savior has! What authority! What a commanding boldness He exemplified!
"Jesus! Meditate Diligently, Zealously & Satisfyingly in Him!"