Pastor Geoff teaches part 1 of a 10-part series on the 'foundations of a church' -- and part 1 deals with the foundational essential of: the preaching of the Word of God.
1. The solemnity of the call to preach the Word (1)
2. The simplicity of the call to preach the Word (2)
3. The spurning of the call to preach the Word (3-4)
4. The steadfastness of the call to preach the Word (5)
Listen to this series - "FOUNDATIONS" - at www.CFBCSTL.org/sermons
"The Foul Pride of Men & the Divine Judgment on the Wicked"
This sermon covers the rest of Isaiah 37 - as God declares that he will protect Jerusalem, Hezekiah, his people and he reveals the absolute heinousness of pride.
This sermon brings out 5 theological lessons for us:
1. God hears & answers your prayers (21)
2. God knows & will justly repay all sins (22-29)
3. God makes promises & provides for His people (30-32a)
4. God's zeal & passion is for His own glory (32-35)
5. God destroys & effortlessly crushes all enemies (36-38)
PODCAST - The First Minute of Preaching...
1. Should GRIP the hearer's attention.
2. Should CONVEY the weightiness of the divine truth at hand.
3. Should POINT TO & prepare for the TRUTH to be delivered.
4. Should ENGAGE w/ the audience thru eye contact.
"The Feeding of the 4,000: Compassion & Provision of Christ"
Pastor Geoff preaches Psalm 128 which deals with family life and the joys thereof as the fear of God pervades the home.
In this psalm, God provides instructions for all people to fear God & to walk in His Ways, for the wife to make her abode and work in the home, and for the children to surround the table of the parents as they grow in grace, strength, vigor, and understanding of the fear of God.
Listen to the exposition of this text so that we can glorify Christ and have families that fear God & walk in His ways!
Pastor Geoff preaches on the ATTRIBUTES of God: the existence of God. He preaches from:
God exists, Christ exists & God is alive today! Pastor Geoff calls men and women to trust Christ alone for salvation!
"The EXILE of the King! God's Love & Power Protect His Son!"
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff exposits the passage where Joseph leads his family down to Egypt for safety from Herod the Great.
And Matthew Quotes Hosea 11:1 - "Out of Egypt I Called My Son." This sermon goes back and examines the Book of Hosea and looks at the covenant-love and sovereign power of God in bringing Israel out of Egypt of old and He brings His greater, Beloved Son out of Egypt to bring salvation to sinners!
"The Exhilarating Gladness of the Future, Earthly Kingdom"
This sermon seeks to begin to uncover the "unfathomable excellencies" of Jesus Christ (Eph 3.8). There is so much in Christ and in His Person and Work. Colossians 1.15-20 is the text that Pastor Geoff exposits. In this passage we see 6 simple and delightful DECLARATIONS about Jesus Christ.
1. Jesus is GOD.
2. Jesus is CREATOR.
3. Jesus is SUSTAINER.
4. Jesus is HEAD.
5. Jesus is PREEMINENT.
6. Jesus is SAVIOR.
Pastor Geoff preaches on Mark 3 on the "eternal sin" in the open air in St Louis, MO. Shortly after the sermon begins, an angry man yells right in front of the preacher for nearly the entire sermon!
The Word of God goes forth boldly that ALL sins will be forgiven except the sin of unbelief.
Pastor Geoff preaches Revelation 20:11-15:
1. The Judge
2. The Judgment
3. The Doom
What is the eternal place of the damned like (Lake of Fire)?
1. God's prison for all sinners
2. Irresistibly certain
3. Vast, unending
4. Fiery, burning, divine punishment
5. Unending dying, death, pain, and destruction
6. Unending = eternal