Psalm 92, a psalm for the Sabbath day, shows us why we should praise God: (1) for who He is; (2) for what He has done; and (3) for how he empowers and blesses His people. May God be glorified as we respond in worship and adoration before His sovereign throne.
"Why Is Radical Depravity So Essential to the Biblical Gospel?"
In Psalm 14, David expresses the total inability of all mankind. That is, he extends the radical depravity to all human beings on the planet.
Geoff provides 11 descriptive phrases of "radical corruption" and then shows at the end how the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ is the only solution to our desperate sin problem & how it magnifies the total, undeserved, and relentless grace of God!
In this 15-minute message, Pastor Geoff provides a number of reasons why believers must engage in the ongoing, never-ending, thrilling study of the Person of God.
1. Because God deserves to be adored and worshiped.
2. Because it drives us to the cross.
3. Because it compels us to proclaim the gospel to the lost.
4. Because it guards us from idolatry (thinking about God wrongly)
5. Because it is the unshakable foundation where joy is found.
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff exposits Psalm 49 and shows the folly of trusting in money. Here, he illustrates the foolishness of relying upon the transitoriness of money and the greater object that believers must rely on — the glorious gospel of redemption.
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff teaches on why CFBC does what it does during the Corporate Worship gathering. Why is there such an emphasis on the Word of God, on singing the Word, reading the Word, praying the Word, preaching the Word, and seeing the Word (the 2 ordinances)?
Listen to this as Pastor Geoff explains the meaning and purpose behind what we do at CFBC.
WHY encourage families to worship together? What's the benefit? What are the reasons?
Luke 18:16 - Permit the children to come to me, and do not hinder them…
6 GREAT ADVANTAGES to families worshiping together...
1. TEACHING (the Word of God; it is living & active & powerful! The Word brings salvation!)
2. BLESSING (in the means of grace) — they can participate
3. EXEMPLIFYING (they watch our example; they observe)
4. PROTECTING (they need to know worshiping God is something THEY can/must do)
5. SHEPHERDING (families a chance to build on this during the week with kids in family worship)
6. TRAINING (from early ages, when concrete is wet, to mold and shape them on HOW to worship God)
"Why We Must Preach Truth Regarding Eternal Danger of Homosexuality & Gay-Christians"
WHY WE MUST PREACH WHAT *GOD* SAYS REGARDING THE SIN & ETERNAL DANGER OF THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALITY & SAME-SEX ATTRACTION:
We must preach the truth for the following reasons...
Because GOD HAS SPOKEN
Because HELL IS HOT
Because SALVATION IS AVAILABLE
Because REGENERATION IS SUPERNATURAL
Because SINNERS NEED TRUTH
Because HOLINESS IS NECESSARY
Because DECEPTION IS RAMPANT
Because PLEASING GOD IS PRIORITY
"Why We Need Revival & Must Pray Desperately For It!"
In this audio blog, pastor Geoff provides the plea that we desperately need revival in our day. And furthermore, he shows why we should pray for revival. Finally, he concludes that God uses certain means whereby He brings revival to His people.
We need to pray for revival...
1. for the sake of God
2. for the sake of the Church
3. for the sake of the lost
4. for the sake of the gospel
5. for the sake of eternity
Let us call on God & take hold of God that He might rend the heavens and come down with mighty power upon us!
"Why We Preach Sequentially (Verse-By-Verse) Through Books of the Bible"
Pastor Geoff provides reasons why it is best -- over the long haul -- to preach through Books of the Bible verse by verse...
1) give the entirety of the Word to the people
2) preach all the doctrines
3) it's the way God communicated -- whole books
4) it helps the congregation as they know the context week by week
5) it aids the preacher as he studies & knows the background
6) it helps the congregation prepare for what's coming next week
7) God providentially brings Scriptures at the right time for the church-life & the lives of your people
Pastor Geoff open air preaches at the Metrolink station in St Louis (Central West End) and shows the testimonies of (1) John (2) Jesus' works and (3) the Father's witness are reasons why sinners must believe in Jesus Christ & follow Him.