In this sermon, Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 23 and shows how the prophecy concerning Tyre is a grave warning regarding the love and pursuit of and security of money.
This chapter shows 2 devastating consequences of trusting money:
1. shameful humiliation because of the loss (1-7)
2. severe wrath from the Lord of hosts (8-14)
>>And then future hope: restoration from the LORD (in the millennial kingdom) (v.15-18)
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff preaches this wonderful text on Christ's authority over demons and this demonized man.
We'll walk thru this account with 3 headings:
1. The guy who seemed too wicked to be saved (1-5)
2. The Savior who is able to save completely (6-13)
3. The transformation in the man's heart & life (14-20)
Pastor Geoff preaches the narrative of Jesus raising Jairus' daughter from the dead.
1. See the desperation of the Father
2. See the death of the girl
3. See the divinity of the Savior!
"The Christian's Great Comfort: Adopted and an Heir of Eternal Life!"
Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 25 -- and in the context this is the song of praise for the future, earthly Kingdom when messiah will reign for 1,000 years.
We can study and apply this chapter in 2 ways:
1. PRAISE GOD for the coming kingdom.
2. CONSIDER THE EFFECTS of the coming kingdom.
Pastor Geoff exposits the Word from Mark 5 on the woman who had the bleeding condition for 12 years. She came up to Jesus, touches His garment, and was physically healed.
In this account, we see:
1. Her THOROUGH LOSS
2. Her THOROUGH LIFE
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 27 -- the last chapter in Isaiah's little apocalypse (Isa 24-27).
Here we see the faithfulness of God to His people, ethnic, national Israel.
1. Your faithful God will VANQUISH EVIL
2. Your faithful God will PROTECT ISRAEL
3. Your faithful God will REGATHER ISRAEL
"Preacher: Preach With Authority & Hearers Must Listen & Obey Diligently"
This sermon is the biblical counseling introduction to "how people change." How do I put off sin and get rid of sinful habits in my life? What does the journey of progressive sanctification look like?
1. PUT OFF
2. PUT IN
3. PUT ON