Pastor Geoff gives 10 warnings & safeguards so that we would know our ENEMY - the great accuser of our souls, the Dragon, and Satan. May we KNOW our enemy and his tactics so that we would be ready and firmly grounded in God and His Word to stand FIRM against His wily schemes.
This sermon begins the exposition of the "Armor of God" Section in Ephesians 6.
From this text, we will see 4 all-important commands for every Christian -- every single soldier -- in battle!
1. be strong
2. be armed
3. be aware
4. be unmoved
"God-Centered Worship: Preparing & Participating in Worship"
Pastor Geoff preaches on God-Centered Worship:
What are elements of God-Centered Worship?
1. ascribing praise to God
2. remembering the works of God
3. warning sinners of the wrath of God
4. refocusing on the sovereignty of God
5. resolving to walk obediently before God
This sermon examines the great prayer of Moses: "Show Me Your Glory"
We learn about Moses' great pursuit of God. What is the glory of God? What does it mean to ask -- show me your glory, O God? How much of God do we want? How hungry are we for God?
1. BEHOLD the glory of God
2. ENJOY the glory of God
3. ANTICIPATE the glory of God
4. PURSUE the glory of God
Pastor Geoff preaches two MORE pieces of the full armor that every soldier MUST take up --
1. Take up the HELMET OF SALVATION
2. Take up the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
Praise be to God, these pieces are all found and bound IN CHRIST. In Christ we have ALL the resources needed to wage war against Satan and all of his forces.
This sermon covers Ephesians 6:18 - the final piece of the "armor of God" in 2 vitally important Truths:
1. The Supreme Importance of prayer
2. The Specific Instructions of prayer (looking phrase by phrase and word by word through Eph 6.18).
Intro to Titus: Paul, Owned by God, Obsessed with the Gospel!
Jesus upholds the beauty & dignity of marriage -- God's design for marriage. But in Matthew 19 Jesus does permit one reason for divorce, the ending of a marriage, and that is for ongoing, perpetual, unrepentant sexual sin. Only then, the believing spouse is permitted to pursue marriage. He does not need to do so, but he may do so if he so chooses.
This sermon continues the verse by verse exposition through Ephesians. This week is Ephesians 6.19-20 which covers the concluding part of the "Armor of God!" But here, Paul requests prayer for himself as an ambassador in chains -- as he needs and desires boldness to speak the mystery of the gospel the right way.
So from this text, we learn 4 lessons as to how we can pray for missionaries.
1. Pray with specificity for missionaries.
2. Pray for gospel truth to fill their mouths.
3. Pray for boldness in declaring the exclusive gospel.
4. Pray that they'd be faithful to fulfill their mission.
Our desire for our missionaries:
1. KNOW the missionaries (by name)
2. GO for our missionaries (in prayer to the Throne of Grace)
3. SOW for our missionaries (thru regular financial giving)
4. GROW with our missionaries (encourage them, sustain them, encourage them)
This message surveys the prayer of Daniel when he was in exile. Daniel 9 is one of the most important chapters in all the Bible -- especially because of the prophecy of the "70 weeks" at the end (vv.24-27).
This sermon covers 3 simple lessons for us:
1. Study the Scriptures! (as Daniel studied Jeremiah!)
2. Respond in Prayer
3. Anticipate God's Answer