Pastor Geoff teaches at the Senior Living Home and proclaims the gospel to the folks to be on guard against lukewarmness. And he provides biblical guidance and help, with God's grace, to guard against it and the remedy and cure for lukewarmness.
"Godly Living in Light of Christ's Soon Coming! Be Watchful & Alert!"
Pastor Geoff teaches on living in light of the Lord's coming. We must be observant of the signs of the times and we must always be on the alert and watchful so that the day of His coming does not take people by surprise.
Let all God's people heed the words of Christ and be alert, sober, ready and anticipating His soon-return!
"The Prodigal Son, Part 2: The Breathtaking Love of God"
Pastor Geoff preaches at "Promise Academy" -- a Christian school for special-needs children. What a wonderful opportunity to speak gospel truth to these young boys and girls in a simple way and call them to worship the one, true and living God.
Pastor Geoff preaches at a men's gathering in St Louis, MO and preaches on "Godly Zeal" -- not just sheer zeal or bare excitement. But the point of the sermon is looking at characteristics that help us understand what Godly Zeal is.
"Church Unity: HEART ATTITUDES Necessary to Preserve Unity"
Pastor Geoff continues preaching through the central, discourse peak in the entire letter of Philippians -- 2:1-4. And here, this sermon focuses on verse 3 which presents us with 2 specific lessons for us as God's people:
1. Let us diligently PUT OFF SELFISHNESS.
2. Let us diligently PUT ON SELFLESSNESS.
Listen to the exposition through Philippians 2:3 so that we would honor Christ, empowered by His Spirit, and live with "humility of mind."
"Hasten to Repent! Christ Will Return a 2nd Time for Judgement"
Pastor Geoff provides some biblical thoughts & comments on the importance of attending corporate worship in one's local church.
1. The IMPORTANCE of corporate worship
2. The SPIRITUAL WARFARE concerning corporate worship
3. The NEXT GENERATION and corporate worship
4. The PRIORITIZING of corporate worship
5. The JOY/BENEFITS of corporate worship
Pastor Geoff provides counsel to seek wisdom from others -- from Godly counselors -- before making decisions:
Make decisions (when you have to decide between two good options):
- biblically -- be biblical, read/survey/carefully go thru the Word
- seek counsel from your shepherds
- multitude of counselors
- the motive of your decision(s)
- where's Christ in your thinking
- what could best serve your local church?
Pastor Geoff provides some pastoral counsel to someone who may ask: What if my church isn't evangelizing?
1. Be praying.
2. Be communicating (with your pastors)
3. Be initiating (start)
4. Be developing (find someone and bring them with you
5. Be hoping (many may be evangelizing yore not aware of -- moms, family worship, work, etc)
6. Be conversing (about gospel conversations you have. Share this with others)
"Evangelism Class #13 - Open Air Preaching: What It Is & Its Effectiveness"
Pastor Geoff preaches on the next unit in this 'end-times' discourse that Jesus gives to His disciples on the Mt of Olives (see parallels in Matt 24-25 and Mark 13). In this sermon, Jesus speaks of when the stones will fall from the Temple and not be left upon one another.
Jesus answers the question of "when" the temple will be destroyed here in 21:20-24. It is a severe, divine, just, and swift punishment -- for sin. It occurs because Israel did not recognize the day of God's visitation (in Christ).
But all of this foreshadows, it pictures, it points to a coming day of ultimate vengeance not with human armies, but with God's Son when Christ returns in power & glory to judge the world for its unrighteousness!
Flee to Christ! Be saved from divine wrath! There's safety only in Him!
"How to Pray for the Families in Your Local Church"
Pastor Geoff provides counsel and ways to be praying for the families in your local church.
Consider these ways of praying...
For marriages to be holy
For singles to be faithful
For widows to be disciples
For retired to be disciplined
For women to be submissive
For men to be humble leaders
For children to be obedient
For teens to be Spirit empowered
For babies to become missionaries
For shut-ins to rest in Christ
For families to be little churches of worship
Pastor Geoff continues the verse-by-verse exposition through Philippians and here begins the section in Philippians 2:1-4 -- the center-point, the hub, the discourse peak, the Mt Everest of the book. This brief paragraph is the thematic center of the entire epistle.
Verse 1 lays the foundation of what God has *already done* in every true believer -- so that verses 2-4 can build on this foundation with exhorting the believers to live in unity.
But verse 1 is simply stating to the believers what they *already now currently enjoy* because of God's gracious & sovereign & selfless workings.
Pastor Geoff provides supports for a pre-tribulation rapture.
1. The Promise of Christ supports it
2. The Nature of the Trib supports it
3. The Pattern of divine history supports it
4. The Time of the marriage support of the Lamb supports it
5. The differences between the rapture & the 2nd coming supports it
6. The imminency of the coming supports it