Pastor Geoff continues the verse-by-verse exposition through the Gospel of Luke and preaches on this final phase of Christ's trials before Pontius Pilate.
Pilate affirms that Jesus is innocent. The Jews roar for the murderer, Barabbas, to be released and for Jesus to be crucified. Pilate caves and capitulates to the shouts of the crowd and hands Jesus over to be scourged and crucified.
Pastor Geoff talks about the ultimate goals of parenting. All of the goals of parenting can be summarized and summed up in one ultimate aim: to be faithful to what God has called us to do in His Word.
Pastor Geoff preaches the portion of the Roman Trials when Christ Jesus stands before Herod Antipas. Herod questions Jesus and after Jesus remains silent, Herod turns to mocking, jeering, and contemptuous behavior toward Christ, the King.
This sermon provides 4 features to see in this narrative.
"The Heart of the Saving Gospel: How to Be Righteous Before God!"
Pastor Geoff preaches the very heart of the gospel from Philippians 3:9 -- how can a man be JUST (=righteous) before God?
5 affirmations of this only saving message.
1. You are Found IN CHRIST Â (and may be found in Him...)
2. You RENOUNCE all Self-Righteousness Â (not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law)
3. You gain CHRIST's Righteousness Â (but that which is through faith IN CHRIST)
4. You Passively Receive it From God Â (the righteousness which comes FROM GOD...)
5. You Receive It By Faith Alone Â (on the basis of faith...)
"How Does a Man of God Respond in Times of Spiritual Decay?"
Pastor Geoff preaches on Philippians 3:7-8 on the verses that Paul says that everything that he had gained (earned) in his own self-righteousness he now considers to be loss -- indeed, he calls it "rubbish/dung!"
There's something far greater that every child of God receives -- the knowledge of Jesus Christ the LORD.
"Jesus Christ: The Sovereign Judge Subjected to Sinful, Unjust Judges"
Pastor Geoff preaches through this final phase of the Jewish trials of Jesus Christ. It is just after daybreak, probably about 5 or 6AM and Jesus is now brought before the Council (=Sanhedrin, 71 Jewish 'Supreme Court' leaders) and they will put Jesus on trial so as to attain a charge to then take Him to Pilate.
This message covers the trial of Christ. It also surveys the unjust accusations that He faced. This message reveals how we can face unjust and unfair times of suffering/accusations as well.
Pastor Geoff preaches on Mark 3 on the "eternal sin" in the open air in St Louis, MO. Shortly after the sermon begins, an angry man yells right in front of the preacher for nearly the entire sermon!
The Word of God goes forth boldly that ALL sins will be forgiven except the sin of unbelief.
"A Pastor: A Defender and a Declarer of the Truth!"
Pastor Geoff preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ -- the heart of Pauline theology -- as Philippians 3:3-6 reveals two very different ways of life --- trusting in Christ or trusting in credentials.
Verse 3 reveals trust in Christ alone as those who are the "true circumcision" (of the heart). Verses 4-6 shows Paul's list of credentials where he shows the magnitude of his religiosity and how it is all unable to add to or contribute to his saving in any way whatsoever.
Salvation is found by faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.
"Peter Denies His Lord: The Danger of Following Jesus at a Distance"
Pastor Geoff leads the congregation through the events that transpire in the middle of the night as Jesus is tried before Caiaphas and Peter is, at the same time, outside in the courtyard -- where he will deny his Savior on three different occasions.
The events will be laid out under three headings as we go back to this scene and observe the denials of Peter and as we learn from this episode so we can walk closely with Christ, by God's grace, and for His glory.
PODCAST - The First Minute of Preaching...
1. Should GRIP the hearer's attention.
2. Should CONVEY the weightiness of the divine truth at hand.
3. Should POINT TO & prepare for the TRUTH to be delivered.
4. Should ENGAGE w/ the audience thru eye contact.
Pastor Geoff pleads with the hearers to NOT be a false disciples -- to not be a 'Judas'.
*what marked Judas?
1. Judas was WITH JESUS --- but he's now in hell
2. Judas hung with the RIGHT CROWD --- but he's now in hell
3. Judas was CALLED INTO MINISTRY --- but he's now in hell
4. Judas was A PREACHER OF THE GOSPEL -- but he's now in hell
5. Judas saw FRUIT FROM HIS GOSPEL LABORS --- but he's now in hell
6. Judas was an WITNESS OF CHRIST'S WORKS --- but he's now in hell
7. Judas was outwardly a CHRIST-FOLLOWER --- but he's now in hell
Pastor Geoff continues the verse-by-verse exposition of the Gospel of Luke and paints a full picture of this betrayal-event. All four gospels are brought together and harmonized in this sermon.
Judas is the prime example of a false disciple. What a tragedy!
What a Savior -- the Light of the world -- rejected by the world but come to seek and save that which was lost!