This sermon surveys the Temptation narrative in Mark 1. Matthew 4 and Luke 4 provide more details regarding the account.
This sermon focuses on Christ our CHAMPION by looking at the Temptation in 3 ways:
1. consider the LEADING OF THE SPIRIT (preparation in the desert)
2. consider the TEMPTATION OF SATAN (hostility from the Devil)
3. consider the MINISTRY OF ANGELS (worship from the angels)
This sermon covers Isaiah 3. In this very sobering chapter, Isaiah proclaims God's hatred of pride and shows many examples by way of illustration of how God will remove and take away anything and everything people trusted in.
1. God's judgment upon the WICKED LEADERS (wicked men) (1-15)
2. God's judgment upon the WICKED WOMEN (sensual ladies) (3:16-4:1)
Pastor Geoff shows how there is a great depth to a Premil understanding -- a literal, grammatical, historical interp of the BIble will inevitably lead to Premil. A faithful hermeneutic and consistent one will lead to Premil.
Far from being superficial or a surface level understanding, Premil is actually quite deep in its thoroughness and comprehensive cohesion of Scripture. It employs a faithful hermeneutic and results in a right and accurate interpretation of the Bible.
This sermon covers Isaiah 2.
The overview of the intro section of Isa 2-4 is as follows:
A. God's future kingdom established (2.1-5)
B. Condemnation of PRIDE generally (2:6-22)
B. Condemnation of PRIDE specifically (ch.3)
A. God's future kingdom established (4:2-6)
Then we saw in Isa 2 the contrast between what IS TO COME and what is NOW.
We must interpret biblical prophecy, in Isa 2, normally, literally and with straightforward interp which will lead to a future, earthly kingdom.
2 main points:
1. the Holy One of Israel PROMISES A FUTURE KINGDOM ON EARTH (vv.1-5)
2. The Holy One of Israel PUNISHES ALL THE PROUD IN JUDGMENT (vv.6-22)
This sermon covers Mark 1:9-11. We observe the Baptism of Jesus around 3 key words:
1. Identification -- Jesus identifies with John and his message (9)
2. Preparation -- this baptism is the last event in the private preparation for Jesus' ministry that He will inaugurate. Also, the Spirit of God comes upon Him (v.10)
3. Affirmation / Authentication -- this is the Father's vocal affirmation from the heavens that Jesus is the Beloved Son and in this Son, the Father is well-pleased (v.11)
This sermon surveys John the Baptist. Jesus called John "The lamp burning & shining" (John 5.35).
John was a man of...
1. Unflinching courage (a preaching man)
2. Unambiguous clarity (baptizing man)
3. Unparalleled humility (humble man)
4. Undeniable hope (Christ-pointing man)
Let's all strive, by God's grace, to emulate John and point others to Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
"Isaiah Intro 3: The Four Kings of Judah Ruling During Isaiah's Ministry"
This sermon seeks to begin to uncover the "unfathomable excellencies" of Jesus Christ (Eph 3.8). There is so much in Christ and in His Person and Work. Colossians 1.15-20 is the text that Pastor Geoff exposits. In this passage we see 6 simple and delightful DECLARATIONS about Jesus Christ.
1. Jesus is GOD.
2. Jesus is CREATOR.
3. Jesus is SUSTAINER.
4. Jesus is HEAD.
5. Jesus is PREEMINENT.
6. Jesus is SAVIOR.
"The Beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God!"