This conversation is a CFBC Men's Bible study. About 20 men were present. Pastor Geoff moderates a discussion between Al Baker, Mike Stockwell, Robert Gray, and Don Karns.
The questions asked include:
1. Give clarity on the heart of the biblical gospel. What is the essence of Christianity?
2. Speak on the need for and the importance of a robust understanding of "regeneration" in evangelism and ministry.
3. Define biblical evangelism and what it looks like.
4. Speak to the current climate of our nation specifically relating to bold evangelism. What do you see? What's the prevailing response?
5. Give all the church-men a word of encouragement as they love and lead their families and work a full-time job, how can they think about personal, biblical evangelism?
This sermon continues the expository preaching series through the Gospel of Mark. Here, Pastor Geoff preaches Mark 12:35-37 -- Jesus is LORD.
Here we see 2 confessional declarations:
1. Jesus is MAN (35)
2. Jesus is LORD (36-37)
And in Psalm 110:1 - where Jesus quotes - we learn more about the kingship and reign of Messiah-Jesus!
Pastor Geoff preaches an expository sermon through Isaiah 50 -- one of the "Servant Songs." This is speaking of Jesus the Servant-Messiah.
In this chapter we see the active righteousness, the perfect righteousness of Your Savior. We see your Savior's
Thanks be to God for the active, perfect obedience of Jesus Christ reckoned to us by faith alone (2 Cor 5.21)
"Jesus Speaks Afterlife Truth to Mocking, Religious Liberals"
In this account, the Sadducees approach Jesus with a hypothetical, ludicrous, insincere question. How will Jesus respond to these mocking opponents?
Jesus speaks Truth. He stands on Scripture. He confronts them boldly. He calls them out as being mistaken, deceived and duped because they do NOT know the (1) WORD of God, nor the (2) POWER of God.
In this chapter, God shows the beauty & glory of the Servant-Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Through the chapter, God gives 2 main exhortations:
1. Worship Jesus the servant (vv.1-13)
2. Embrace God's Promises (vv.14-26)