Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 25 -- and in the context this is the song of praise for the future, earthly Kingdom when messiah will reign for 1,000 years.
We can study and apply this chapter in 2 ways:
1. PRAISE GOD for the coming kingdom.
2. CONSIDER THE EFFECTS of the coming kingdom.
Pastor Geoff preaches the narrative of Jesus raising Jairus' daughter from the dead.
1. See the desperation of the Father
2. See the death of the girl
3. See the divinity of the Savior!
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff preaches this wonderful text on Christ's authority over demons and this demonized man.
We'll walk thru this account with 3 headings:
1. The guy who seemed too wicked to be saved (1-5)
2. The Savior who is able to save completely (6-13)
3. The transformation in the man's heart & life (14-20)
"The Love of Money Brings Ruin: The Story of Tyre"
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 23 and shows how the prophecy concerning Tyre is a grave warning regarding the love and pursuit of and security of money.
This chapter shows 2 devastating consequences of trusting money:
1. shameful humiliation because of the loss (1-7)
2. severe wrath from the Lord of hosts (8-14)
>>And then future hope: restoration from the LORD (in the millennial kingdom) (v.15-18)
This account shows the power/authority of Jesus Christ over NATURE / disaster. Christ calms the storm while he and the disciples are in the boat.
His power is seen...
1. as a result of their obedience.
2. in a situation of terror
3. as he's the Savior of power
4. with the sure-cure of fear
Pastor Geoff exposits Mark 4:30-34 to show the great, unstoppable, magnificent growth of this great plan of God!
Pastor Geoff provides 8 practical application points for us.
This sermon uncovers 3 problem attitudes that pervaded the people of Judah -- and Isaiah exposes them. The problem attitudes that prevailed were.
1. LIVE IT UP!
2. LOOK AT ME!
3. LEAN ON HIM!
Rather than partying, reveling, leaning on wicked rulers, or even trusting in good rulers, we must LOOK TO THE LORD alone!
Pastor Geoff preaches on the practical instructions of Titus 3:1-2 on how to live in the world/culture. To do that well, we must remember the gospel (vv.3-8). But the gospel always begins with the bad news of our real, radical, depraved, and hopeless state without Christ (v.3). That's the sermon text for today.
We are looking at what the person is like BEFORE Christ saves them. This is your old nature.
"A Strong Warning! Dont' Trust the Mighty Nations; Trust the Sovereign God Alone!"