This message surveys the prayer of Daniel when he was in exile. Daniel 9 is one of the most important chapters in all the Bible -- especially because of the prophecy of the "70 weeks" at the end (vv.24-27).
This sermon covers 3 simple lessons for us:
1. Study the Scriptures! (as Daniel studied Jeremiah!)
2. Respond in Prayer
3. Anticipate God's Answer
This sermon continues the verse by verse exposition through Ephesians. This week is Ephesians 6.19-20 which covers the concluding part of the "Armor of God!" But here, Paul requests prayer for himself as an ambassador in chains -- as he needs and desires boldness to speak the mystery of the gospel the right way.
So from this text, we learn 4 lessons as to how we can pray for missionaries.
1. Pray with specificity for missionaries.
2. Pray for gospel truth to fill their mouths.
3. Pray for boldness in declaring the exclusive gospel.
4. Pray that they'd be faithful to fulfill their mission.
Our desire for our missionaries:
1. KNOW the missionaries (by name)
2. GO for our missionaries (in prayer to the Throne of Grace)
3. SOW for our missionaries (thru regular financial giving)
4. GROW with our missionaries (encourage them, sustain them, encourage them)
Jesus upholds the beauty & dignity of marriage -- God's design for marriage. But in Matthew 19 Jesus does permit one reason for divorce, the ending of a marriage, and that is for ongoing, perpetual, unrepentant sexual sin. Only then, the believing spouse is permitted to pursue marriage. He does not need to do so, but he may do so if he so chooses.
"Prayer! The Ultimate Power In Your Spiritual Battle!"
This sermon covers Ephesians 6:18 - the final piece of the "armor of God" in 2 vitally important Truths:
1. The Supreme Importance of prayer
2. The Specific Instructions of prayer (looking phrase by phrase and word by word through Eph 6.18).
Intro to Titus: Paul, Owned by God, Obsessed with the Gospel!
Pastor Geoff preaches two MORE pieces of the full armor that every soldier MUST take up --
1. Take up the HELMET OF SALVATION
2. Take up the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
Praise be to God, these pieces are all found and bound IN CHRIST. In Christ we have ALL the resources needed to wage war against Satan and all of his forces.