Isaiah 31 is a prophet "woe" oracle on the people of Judah because of their willful determination to NOT trust Yahweh but rather to seek Egypt's help.
This chapter can be summarized in 4 words:
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff works through 1 Thessalonians 1 and draws out 8 essential marks of a healthy, biblical local church:
A faithful, biblical church is a ...
1. God-centered church
2. praying church
3. serving church
4. converted church
5. joyful church
6. evangelistic church
7. repenting church
8. watchful church
Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 30. In this long, detailed and very theologically rich chapter, he pulls put three very important lessons for us so we do not trust in the earthly comforts.
1. Refuse worldly securities
2. Receive God's Word
3. Regain Hopeful Perspective
This sermon is the biblical counseling introduction to "how people change." How do I put off sin and get rid of sinful habits in my life? What does the journey of progressive sanctification look like?
1. PUT OFF
2. PUT IN
3. PUT ON
"Jesus The Messiah: The Host Feeds the Multitudes!"
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 27 -- the last chapter in Isaiah's little apocalypse (Isa 24-27).
Here we see the faithfulness of God to His people, ethnic, national Israel.
1. Your faithful God will VANQUISH EVIL
2. Your faithful God will PROTECT ISRAEL
3. Your faithful God will REGATHER ISRAEL
"Preacher: Preach With Authority & Hearers Must Listen & Obey Diligently"
Pastor Geoff exposits the Word from Mark 5 on the woman who had the bleeding condition for 12 years. She came up to Jesus, touches His garment, and was physically healed.
In this account, we see:
1. Her THOROUGH LOSS
2. Her THOROUGH LIFE
Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 25 -- and in the context this is the song of praise for the future, earthly Kingdom when messiah will reign for 1,000 years.
We can study and apply this chapter in 2 ways:
1. PRAISE GOD for the coming kingdom.
2. CONSIDER THE EFFECTS of the coming kingdom.
Pastor Geoff preaches the narrative of Jesus raising Jairus' daughter from the dead.
1. See the desperation of the Father
2. See the death of the girl
3. See the divinity of the Savior!
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff preaches this wonderful text on Christ's authority over demons and this demonized man.
We'll walk thru this account with 3 headings:
1. The guy who seemed too wicked to be saved (1-5)
2. The Savior who is able to save completely (6-13)
3. The transformation in the man's heart & life (14-20)