This sermon covers Isaiah 2.
The overview of the intro section of Isa 2-4 is as follows:
A. God's future kingdom established (2.1-5)
B. Condemnation of PRIDE generally (2:6-22)
B. Condemnation of PRIDE specifically (ch.3)
A. God's future kingdom established (4:2-6)
Then we saw in Isa 2 the contrast between what IS TO COME and what is NOW.
We must interpret biblical prophecy, in Isa 2, normally, literally and with straightforward interp which will lead to a future, earthly kingdom.
2 main points:
1. the Holy One of Israel PROMISES A FUTURE KINGDOM ON EARTH (vv.1-5)
2. The Holy One of Israel PUNISHES ALL THE PROUD IN JUDGMENT (vv.6-22)
This sermon covers Mark 1:9-11. We observe the Baptism of Jesus around 3 key words:
1. Identification -- Jesus identifies with John and his message (9)
2. Preparation -- this baptism is the last event in the private preparation for Jesus' ministry that He will inaugurate. Also, the Spirit of God comes upon Him (v.10)
3. Affirmation / Authentication -- this is the Father's vocal affirmation from the heavens that Jesus is the Beloved Son and in this Son, the Father is well-pleased (v.11)
This sermon surveys John the Baptist. Jesus called John "The lamp burning & shining" (John 5.35).
John was a man of...
1. Unflinching courage (a preaching man)
2. Unambiguous clarity (baptizing man)
3. Unparalleled humility (humble man)
4. Undeniable hope (Christ-pointing man)
Let's all strive, by God's grace, to emulate John and point others to Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
"Isaiah Intro 3: The Four Kings of Judah Ruling During Isaiah's Ministry"
This sermon seeks to begin to uncover the "unfathomable excellencies" of Jesus Christ (Eph 3.8). There is so much in Christ and in His Person and Work. Colossians 1.15-20 is the text that Pastor Geoff exposits. In this passage we see 6 simple and delightful DECLARATIONS about Jesus Christ.
1. Jesus is GOD.
2. Jesus is CREATOR.
3. Jesus is SUSTAINER.
4. Jesus is HEAD.
5. Jesus is PREEMINENT.
6. Jesus is SAVIOR.
"The Beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God!"
This sermon examines why God has saved His people and then left us here. Why? What's our purpose? Our aim? Our ambition? Our purpose in life? Mark 5 is an account of Jesus healing & delivering the Gerasene Demoniac. We see this in 3 points:
1. The pitiful condition
2. The powerful Christ
3. The purposeful conversion**
From 1 Peter 2.9-10, Psalm 66.16, and Mark 5.18-20 we see the need for true believers to speak up of what God has done for our souls! We must speak, explain, declare, announce, and proclaim the saving mercies of Jesus Christ!
Description This sermon covers Ephesians 3:17-18 and is Paul's prayer for the saints to really know, to genuinely know the exceeding love of Christ.
This message is for us to KNOW the love from Christ & to grow in our affectionate love FOR Christ.
10 astonishing features of this love:
10. experiential www.CFBCSTL.org