This sermon covers the rest of Isaiah 37 - as God declares that he will protect Jerusalem, Hezekiah, his people and he reveals the absolute heinousness of pride.
This sermon brings out 5 theological lessons for us:
1. God hears & answers your prayers (21)
2. God knows & will justly repay all sins (22-29)
3. God makes promises & provides for His people (30-32a)
4. God's zeal & passion is for His own glory (32-35)
5. God destroys & effortlessly crushes all enemies (36-38)
Pastor Geoff exposits Isaiah 37:1-13 in this sermon when Sennacherib sends the Rabshakeh to Jerusalem to threaten and blaspheme Hezekiah and Yahweh
Isa 36 is the SITUATION
Isa 37 is the REACTION
In this section, we see 3 responses we must have for our good and for God's great glory when enemies attack and difficult times invade:
1. SEEK YOUR GOD!
2. STAND ON GOD'S PROMISES!
3. STRENGTHEN YOUR HEART!