Pastor Geoff walks through Revelation 20 and the surrounding context to show why Revelation 20:1-6 must be interpreted normally as a literal kingdom where Christ will reign for one thousand years.
"Why 1,000 Years Must Refer to a Literal 1,000 Year Kingdom on Earth"
Pastor Geoff teaches on the doctrine found in 1 Thess 4 on the "Catching up" of believers -- what is sometimes called the Rapture.
To be CONSIDERED:
1 Thess 4
To be COMFORTING:
eagerly-expecting (meet with loved ones)
perfectly-transforming (seeing Christ face to face)
Pastor Geoff provides supports for a pre-tribulation rapture.
1. The Promise of Christ supports it
2. The Nature of the Trib supports it
3. The Pattern of divine history supports it
4. The Time of the marriage support of the Lamb supports it
5. The differences between the rapture & the 2nd coming supports it
6. The imminency of the coming supports it
In this message, Pastor Geoff teaches on eschatology (doctrine of end-times) and provides a biblical case for the pretribulation rapture.
That is to say, Jesus Christ will return to catch up His people (all who are alive) to meet Him in the clouds to be with Him forever. And this immediate, quick, sudden coming will occur before the seven-year Tribulation period that will come upon the whole earth.
In this audio-blog, Pastor Geoff provides answers as to why he is premillennial in his end-times framework. That is to say, premillennialism teaches that Jesus returns before (pre-) the future, earthly millennial kingdom (millennium).
So, why premillennialism?
1. Normal, Plain Hermeneutic
2. Progressive Revelation of Scripture
3. The Faithfulness of God
4. Future Restoration of the Nation of Israel [Restoration of Israel]
5. The Sovereign Regeneration of God's People, Israel [Salvation of Israel]
6. The Universal, Earthly Kingship of Jesus Christ [Davidic Covenant]
Listen to Pastor Geoff elaborate on these six reasons and why they lead to a premillennial eschatological framework.