In this sermon, Isaiah shows us the absolute, unrivaled, glorious triumphant sovereignty of God! There is none other!
God is absolutely sovereign over...
1. CYRUS (1-8)
2. ISRAEL (9-19)
3. NATIONS (20-25)
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff preaches verse by verse through the section where the Pharisees approach Jesus to "test Him." We see the dialogue in 2 ways:
1. The SINISTER question
2. The DIVINE institution (of marriage)
1. is God's plan from the beginning
2. Is heterosexual
3. is leaving father and mother
4. is total oneness/companionship (=one flesh)
5. is joined together by GOD
6. is intended to be permanent
In this sermon, the LORD God of Israel makes astonishing promises to his people!
1. FEAR NOT! for I am with you (1-13)
2. FEAR NOT! for I will restore you (14-21)
3. FEAR NOT! for I will forgive you (22-29)
Pastor Geoff continues the verse by verse exposition and preaches on TRUE GREATNESS. The Lord Jesus has a discussion with the Apostles in a house in Capernaum.
In this text, we see 2 extremely important lessons for all of us:
1. True greatness is found in being SERVANT OF ALL (vv.33-37)
2. True greatness is found in REJECTING COMPETITIVE ATTITUDES (v.38-41)
In this sermon, our savior prophecies about His mission to suffer & die and He reveals the details in 3 ways that all speak of what the Savior did for you.
1. Your Savior was HANDED OVER for you.
2. Your Savior was CRUCIFIED for you.
3. Your Savior was RAISED for you.