Pastor Geoff preaches Luke 4 and shows Jesus in the early part of His public ministry where He performs miracles in Capernaum -- he heals a demon-possessed man, he heals Peter's mother-in-law, and many other crowds.
Listen to this message as Pastor Geoff provides 4 ways that Jesus proves Himself as Messiah!
In this message, pastor Geoff provides a brief 45-minute flyover the entire Book of Revelation. He shows the big picture of how the book should properly be interpreted â€” as futuristic and plain in its interpretation.
The glory of Christ and the judgment of God are some of the themes of the book.
"Jesus In Nazareth: He Proclaims Himself as Messiah!"
Pastor Geoff preaches Luke 4:14-30 which begins the Galilean Public Ministry of Jesus Christ -- a period of about 18 months where Jesus will saturate the land of Israel with His teaching, preaching, and miracles.
In this text, Jesus reads Isaiah 61 in the synagogue in Nazareth and proclaims Himself as THE fulfillment of that Messianic text. Today that Scripture is fulfilled in their hearing; they must, today, respond to Him. Will they receive Him or reject Him.
YOU must also respond to Jesus today. Will YOU come to Him or will you refuse Him?
Pastor Geoff provides part 2 of the introduction to the Book of Revelation.
This week covers the following topics:
- How John uses and alludes to the Old Testament often
- What is the meaning of a text (what the original A/author intended & what the original readers understood)
- What kind of genre of writing is this? Prophecy
- What are Old Testament texts that still remain unfulfilled that still await future, complete fulfillment?
"The Historical Credentials Validating Jesus as a Real Man! The Importance of Luke's Genealogy!"
In this sermon, Pastor Geoff preaches on the importance of this genealogy in Luke (and the similar one in Matthew 1). He pulls out four theological truths from the text so that we can see the paramount importance of this text in Luke's gospel and for Luke's purpose to show that Jesus is, in fact, the Savior offered to both Jews and Gentiles!
1. God has given a perfectly inspired & inerrant book to you!
2. Jesus can relate to you in every single way!
3. God sovereignly works all things according to His plan!
4. Jesus came to bring redemption to mankind!